As you choose blinds for your new home, quality is everything. That’s why Just Blinds trusts and installs O’Hair to deliver the very best in genuine American hardwood shutters. Shutters can be installed on the interior or exterior of your home and come in a variety of designs and finishes. Continue reading our O’Hair shutter guide for everything you need to know.
There’s no faux, plastic or imported wood used in O’Hair products. Only naturally beautiful American solid hardwood. All of O’Hair’s wood is responsibly harvested in the USA from private and sustainable forests. It’s cured for months in multiple stages of processes to find the correct balance of strength and moisture. It’s then prepped and bonded for strength and beauty. After all of this, it’s milled, sanded, assembled, and finished.
Every single one of their shutters are built-to-order exactly the way you want it, and never carelessly pulled from a dirty warehouse shelf. You’re getting top-notch quality every time you order from O’Hair. Four generations of hands-on expertise prove their excellent track record as a family business.
Variety of Species
O’Hair shutters are available in a variety of wood species:
- White Poplar – Bestselling. It has a medium grain and lighter tone. Provides amazing strength, balance, and resilience. Stains beautifully and paints well.
- Satin Walnut – Also known as “Sweetgum”, its made of eucalyptus. It has a gentle grain pattern and incredible strength. Stains beautifully and paints well.
- Cypress – Warm tones with flowing grain. Harder than poplar and allows for a wide range of variations. Great choice for natural or stained finishes.
- Knotty Alder – A light, warm tone with great character. Features irregular knot patterns. It’s excellent for stains or clear finishes.
Stains and paints can be applied to these wood species to match your home decor.
Interior Styles & Installation
- Traditional, Modern, and Exotic styles to accent your home decor
- Louver spacings of 1 1/2″, 2″, 3″, 4″, and 5″
- Center tilt, edge tilt, and rear tilt options available
- Precision matched stains and paints
Exterior Mounting Styles
- Fixed mount – Mounted directly to the outside wall with hardware. There are no functionality benefits since they don’t open. They’re meant only for decorative and curb appeal.
- Full-Function – Most popular and traditional style. Shutters close over windows and open to the back sides of the window. The hinges attach to the face of the shutter and swing open and closed. Offers functionality and decorative aspects.
- Bahama – Allows for privacy, controls sunlight and breeze. Hardware mounts to angle the shutters away from the window, which allows homeowners to see out without allowing anyone to see in. Windows can be locked at any angle due to reinforced tension system.
Shutter mounts are customizable to different heights (12″ -133″) to fit your exact needs. Panels range from (9″ – 50″). Thanks to computer-controlled precision, screw-reinforced mortise-and-tenon-joinery on the frames, and permanently attached tilt rods ensure superior installation.
Continuous Tilt Rod Linkage – A common problem of shutters are detached louvers due to tilt rod staples that are pulled out over time due to day-to-day usage. O’Hair shutters use a continuous linkage that’s glued into the back of the tilt rod to provide unbeatable strength. The connecting staples are deep set to provide many decades of guaranteed functionality.
Custom Designed & Guaranteed
With our free in-home consultation we precisely measure and fit each individual window or door for shutter installation. O’Hair’s shutters are engineered so outstandingly strong that they come with a “life-of-home warranty”, which is the absolute best warranty in the business.
Just Blinds is dedicated to serving the Central Alabama area just as we’ve done for over the last 30 years. Along with providing superior customer service, we specialize in the design and installation of shutters, blinds, and shades. When you buy O’Hair shutters, you’re investing in the highest quality hardwood shutters available on the market today.
To set up a free in-home consultation or more information on O’Hair shutters, contact us today. We’re here to help you every step of the way!